Webinar – What boards need to know about whistleblowing
What does your board need to know about whistleblowing? To start with, hundreds of thousands of organisations across the European Union will soon be legally required to establish a confidential whistleblowing process. Natural or legal perpetrators of retaliation against whistleblowers may face personal liability and criminal, civil or administrative penalties. Not only that, the EU’s legal requirements cover the provision of whistleblowing services across many stages of the process. Your board might want to know that there are secure, compliant whistleblowing solutions that can help reduce the compliance related risks of these new laws.
While regulation is a key driver for whistleblowing programmes, your board needs to know that there are many other advantages to getting whistleblowing right, including risk mitigation, cultural benefits and business benefits. These are some of the areas that WhistleB’s Jan Stappers has been invited to speak about in an upcoming webinar: “Workplace Whistleblowing: What your board needs to know” (23rd March 2021).
The webinar is being hosted by WhistleB’s parent company, NAVEX Global, and it will help you discover how the value and importance of whistleblowing should be communicated to senior executives, in order to secure board level commitment and investment in your whistleblowing programme.
Alongside whistleblowing experts from NAVEX Global, Jan will tackle the commonly held myths and misconceptions about whistleblowing, present real-world data to highlight the legal and financial drivers for building an effective programme, and signpost the areas that are crucial for success.*
What you’ll learn:
- 8 key concerns that your board needs to know about whistleblowing
- How to gain buy-in for your whistleblowing programme and system
- Why a lack of whistleblowing reports is a cause for concern
- The steps to take to develop an effective whistleblowing programme
* Attendees will also get early access to a new infographic: What Your Board Needs to Know About Whistleblowing.
The webinar will be valuable for anyone responsible for:
- Compliance with whistleblowing legislation
- Whistleblowing and HR managers
- Gaining buy-in for a whistleblowing programme and system
- Jan Stappers, Senior Manager, Partnerships, WhistleB
- Jamie Lombard, Senior Manager, Corporate Marketing, NAVEX Global
- Ian Painter, Associate Director, EMEA Marketing, NAVEX Global
The webinar will take place on:
- Date: Tuesday March 23rd
- Time: 11am GMT / 12pm CET
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Language: English
Click here to register for the webinar: “Workplace Whistleblowing: What your board needs to know”.
Why not read this previous blog for more information about what boards need to know about whistleblowing.