Top 10 Risk and Compliance Trends for 2021 – new eBook from NAVEX Global
A new eBook from our parent company, NAVEX Global, on the top 10 risk and compliance trends for 2021 predicts that, “whistleblowers will come into their own in ways previously unseen” during the year ahead. This emergence of the “whistleblower hero” is of course something we have monitored closely at WhistleB for many years. With the EU Whistleblower Protection Directive due to take effect at the end of the year, we are pleased to see the growing importance of whistleblowers acknowledged as a key focal point within the wider risk and compliance space for 2021.
Written for risk and compliance professionals, the eBook makes both predictions and recommendations on the year ahead. Each trend is described and contextualised by relevant industry experts and NAVEX Global leaders, including WhistleB’s Karin Henriksson, and is accompanied by a “Practical steps you can take” section.
This year it acknowledges the challenging 2020 that risk and compliance professionals have faced due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But the year has also created a forever-changed profession that generates opportunities for practitioners to lead their organisations confidently into 2021.
These are the areas that the Top 10 Risk and Compliance Trends for 2021 eBook reviews:
- Risk and compliance together under one roof
- Risk management + IT security in the work-from-home era
- A coming wave of investor interest in ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) reporting
- A year of uncertainty spurs integrated risk management adoption
- Global privacy regulations: Hot spots to watch in 2021
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: More transparency and accountability
- The post-COVID-19 workplace: What employers should expect
- Third-party risk and resiliency: Building a bridge between compliance and supply chain management
- Training: More complex, more important — and more pushback
- A new age of accountability: Global whistleblowing on the rise
Overall, the eBook highlights that to deliver on new priorities and capitalise on new opportunities, risk and compliance practitioners will need to play an essential role in developing a holistic approach to risk management. This will require integrating their organisation’s compliance, IT, operational, reputational, third-party and ESG practices.
Why not watch this recording of the recent NAVEX Global webinar dedicated to the eBook?
Alternatively, download the free eBook, Top 10 Risk and Compliance Trends for 2021.